In 2007, Handicap International implemented a pilot Diabetes Project in 10 barangays of Davao City with aim to increase access to multidisciplinary and integrated diabetes management services at the community level. The project evolved throughout the years and is now being adopted by all barangays of Davao City and 7 other intervention areas in the whole Davao Region. The project has also provided foot and wound care services at the primary level.
The project ended in March 2016 but the implementation of the services has been continuous due to their integration into the services of the Regional Department of Health. Its new phase has started in November 2016 and aims to replicate the experiences of Davao Region in Western Visayas Region. Besides, the project will strengthen access to multidisciplinary diabetes care with the integration of a diabetic retinopathy component in Davao City.
- Davao Regional Health Office
- Local government units
- Reference hospitals of intervention areas
- Mercredi Saturinas, Project Manager
- Kathy Claire Padilla, Field Administrative Officer
- Mae Hazel Calimbas, Public Health Officer (Davao)
- Beatrix Maripaz Buatis, Public Health Officer (Roxas)
- Maria Lourdes Estafia, Administrative & Logistics Assistant (Roxas)
- Jon Carlo Diosma, Public Health Assistant (Davao)
- Genevieb Capacio, Public Health Assistant (Roxas)
CVD Project Site Office
D2 Lot 8 Blk 1 Villa Conchita Apartelle
Rivera Village J.P. Laurel Bajada, Davao City